Charles Moss, M.D. of Moss Center for Integrative Medicine La Jolla California
La Jolla California IV Therapy Doctor, Dr., Charles Moss is a pioneer in the medical revolution that began incorporating anti-aging and mind body medicine with nutritional, environmental, and relaxation therapies. Dr. Moss has lectured on the use of acupuncture in integrative care, the use of nutritional medicine, and the use of environmental medicine.
He has written several articles on Five Element Acupuncture and complementary medical therapies, and he has written a few books.
Dr. Moss is the author of Power of the Five Elements; The Chinese Medicine Path to Healthy Aging and Stress Resistance. This book describes the five elements from a Chinese perspective and how they relate to our physical bodies and our health. He details how to improve health based on a person’s unique element and mind body medicine. He also authored, The Adaption Diet: The Complete Prescription for Reducing Stress, Feeling Great, and Protecting Yourself Against Obesity. This is a step by step guide to reducing food allergies, inflammation, cortisol levels, biochemical stress, and how to improve detoxification.
- Dr. Moss graduated from the University of Pennsylvania.
- In 1972, he received his medical degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine.
- In 1978, he completed his residency in preventative medicine and family practice at the University of Arizona School of Medicine. While in Tucson, he developed the first holistic health course in the United States for medical students and residents.
- In 1980, he received a Master’s in Acupuncture from the College of Traditional Acupuncture in the UK, and he was the first American physician to utilize Five Element Acupuncture in an integrative medicine practice.
- Board Certified: Family Practice, Environmental Medicine, Medical Acupuncture
- Master in Acupuncture (U.K.)
- Fellow, American Academy of Environmental Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- Founder, American Holistic Medical Association
- Founder and Board of Directors, American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- Founder and Director, Five Element Acupuncture Physicians Training Program
- Instructor, UCLA School of Medicine Medical Acupuncture for Physicians Program
- Member: American College of Advancement in Medicine, American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, American Medical Association